Monday, December 20, 2010

Can The Progression Of Nearsightedness Be Slowed?

I read this article today about slowing the progress of nearsightedness.  My own experience may prove this to be true.  My eyes have not gotten any worse for about 10 years now.  My guess is that my contacts are the reason.  For more info check out the following:

At this year’s annual meeting of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), researchers presented data that shows specially designed gas permeable contact lenses that alter how light is focused in the peripheral retina (similar to lens designs used for orthokeratology) can reduce elongation of the eye that causes myopia progression in children.

http://www.contactlensheadlines.com/2010/12/can-contact-lenses-slow-myopia/

 

For more information on colour contact lenses have a look at my site.

 

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment